Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It Takes All Kinds

There are so many different kinds of saddle pads for so may different styles of riding, but personally I use the western style. I enjoy trying to pick out different saddle pad colors and styles to fit my personal taste and to compliment my horse.

When choosing the right size and style of saddle pad consider a couple of things, you don't want a large bulky style saddle pad under a small saddle and you want comfort for your horse as well. So, with that in mind look and shop at several different styles and options before buying. Personally I have several saddle pads to be able to switch them around depending on the saddle I use and the horse.

ENGLISH SADDLE PADS

These particular saddle pads come, to name a few in a white, black, or brown fleece or a quilted color style. I have had horses that I rode with english riding gear, and it really helps you to learn balance and centered riding, although I never had the chance to put my horses in the show ring the style for riding this way always struck me to be very streamline and elegant. Some of these saddle pads are much easier to wash and dry, therefore you are able to keep your saddle pads cleaner from the sweat of your horse.

CUSHIONED SADDLE PADS

I really think these pads are great for the comfort of your horse, with these saddle pads you are able to give cushioning where it is needed to eliminate stress points to your horse. I have noticed with these saddle pads your saddle may have a better fit and therefore be of more comfort to your horse especially horses with bone and joint problems.

WESTERN SADDLE PADS

The saddle pads for western riders are, I think, the most fun, there are a ton of colors and designs. I would personally match saddle pad colors with breast collars and headstalls, as well as the colors I would wear. The women and young girls might have fun co-ordinating their attire and their horse. Suggestions for the men and young guys you might try matching your saddle pad colors with your shirt sometime it catches the ladies eye ( personally speaking ).

When shopping for the style and price of saddle pad you prefer, cheaper is not always better sometimes as they say you get what you pay for and when you spend a little bit more chances are it will last you a bit longer if properly taken care of. Take the time to browse and look for what suits your taste and pocket book and I hope you enjoy the ride. Happy Trails





No comments:

Post a Comment